Kelly Hill - TestsForge (TForge & TF) Expert Profile
Kelly Hill performs software development for TestsForge. She has previously worked at Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Facebook, and Tata Consultancy Services. While working at these companies, Kelly Hill was able to hone her development skills while serving as a Software Design Engineer, a Software Developer, and a Product Engineer. Kelly Hill credits her current career successes to the educational foundation that she received first at San Jose State University and later at The Ohio State University. While there, Kelly Hill gained valuable lessons in software architecture, HTML, and database design. She is currently a developer for the following certification exam: HP2-E32 Selling HP SMB Solutions, 6209 Avaya Aura® Contact Center CCT and Multimedia Implementation, 220-702 CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Edition), 642-627 Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) v7.0, HP0-085 Planning and Designing HP Superdome Server Solutions, 640-760 Supporting Cisco Service Provider IP NGN Operations, EK0-001 E-Biz+, 640-507 CCNA, CAS-001 CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), HP0-714 HP OpenView Storage Area Manager Fundamentals, 642-997 Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric and E20-050 EMC Technology Foundations - CLARiiON. Kelly Hill created the TechNightOwl website so that consumers can have a place to go to learn about current goings on in the technology world from people like themselves. From the website you can down load the GCN app and listen to news from the site on GCN Radio. The site is always filled with informative information like the comparison over Apple or Samsung. Readers might be surprised that though Samsung it still outselling the phone market their profits are way behind those of Apple. Another great informative piece is the one about Apple releasing a new OS and with the bugs how long it took them to correct the problems. Every day there is something new and fresh on the page for technology seekers.
1. About the webpage of 2013/05/what-features-do-you-want-in-a-smartphone/: What Do You Want in a SmartPhone is an informative page that Kelly Hill created to help keep the public up to speed on the world of smartphones. Consumer Reports seem to driven by the the list of features and the longer the better the review. On one hand there is Samsung adding features trying to trump the competition; Apple and then there is Apple that seems to be taking away more features than they are adding. The article gives visitors good informative information that will help in decision making.
2. About the webpage of 2012/08/is-office-still-relevant-on-the-mac/: People are confused and Kelly Hill wanted to help clear things up so he designed the Is Office Still Relevant to Mac page. Though it was to be compatible users are finding that there are many areas that still need work and capabilities are running short in the switch over stage. After using Outlook for a while most users find themselves wanting their Mail back. Gene states that the value of Office 2011 versus Office 2008 is somewhat questionable.
3. About the webpage of about/: The Night Owl Gene Steinberg deserved some recognition so Kelly Hill created the About the Night Owl page. Gene started his writing career early as a journalist and then moved on to science fiction. After years he finally decided to become a full time writer but, kept a position as a computer technician to gain material for his books. His plans for the future include producing a game based off the comic Rocknoids.
4. About the webpage of 2013/06/os-x-mavericks-isnt-there-more/: When Apple released the new operating system people were expecting more so Kelly Hill created the OS X Maverick: Isn’t There More? Page to address some of the issues. One such issue was that Apple was promising nearly 200 new features and the OS sprouts maybe a dozen new features and most are from the backend. Many critics think that instead of charging for the upgrade that Apple should do the right thing and make it free.
5. About the webpage of radio/our-cast/: Kelly Hill created the Our Cast – Meet the Show Hosts to introduce the voices behind GCN radio. Gene Steinberg is the host and executive producer that has won awards as a journalist and has been writing since his teen years. Throughout his career he has written over thirty books. Grayson Steinberg a graduate of Arizona State University is the co-host. The station has two staff announcers and they are RJ Kight and Bob LeVitus.
6. About the webpage of 2013/05/samsung-galaxy-s4-what-about-the-little-things/: The Samsung S4 received a ton of hype so Kelly Hill created the Samsung Galaxy 4: What About the Little Things page to review some of that hype. It is popular after all it outsold IPhone the first two weeks it went on the market. One of the pluses to the S4 is that when you complete your setup with your email account you will find that all your downloaded apps are available. Overall the article ranks it as a good product but, not worthy of all the hype it received prior to release.